OK, so this is one of my FAVORITE meals. It’s healthy and you get lots of veggies, and it doesn’t take like any skill and minimal effort to make.
A lot of the time I am cooking for myself so I only make enough for about 3 servings, 1 for me and two sets of left overs. So recipe would be great for a couple, if you have a larger family you may want to double the recipe. You can make this low carb by skipping the potatoes if you wish.
What you’ll need:
- 1 fully cooked smoked sausage link; you can kind of use any, they make chicken, pork and turkey sausage links so whichever you prefer.
- 2 large carrots
- 2 medium size red potatoes
- 1 large red bell pepper
- 1/2 large red onion (I save the other half to use in salads and guacamole)
- 10 asparagus spears
- 1.5 cups chopped broccoli (I use frozen, that has been thawed at room temp for about 20 minutes)
- 1/2 tsp black pepper +1/4 tsp
- 1/4 tsp sea salt
- 1/2 tsp garlic salt
- 1 tbsp dried basil leaves
- Olive oil
Preheat oven to 400
Line two sheet pans with foil, grease with cooking spray.
Chop your red pepper, onion, potatoes and carrots. Throw them into a large ziplock bag. Drizzle in some olive oil, add the 1/2 tsp black pepper, garlic salt and the basil leaves. Seal the bag and shake until everything is well coated. Pour the veggies onto one of the sheet pans; place in oven. Bake about 20 minutes.
While the other veggies are baking, chop your asparagus, sausage, and broccoli if you decided to use fresh vs. frozen. Place the broccoli and asparagus in a ziplock bag. Drizzle with olive oil, add the 1/4 tsp black pepper and salt. Seal the bag, shake until it is well coated. Pour the veggies onto the other sheet pan, along with the chopped sausage.
Once the potato mixture is done baking for the 20 minutes you want to take it out, stir up the veggies, place back in the oven; along with the other sheet pan that has the sausage. Bake about 15-20 minutes.